Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Autism Awareness Month
The following is an update from Maha Helali, regarding April events held for Autism Awareness Month:
Since 2005, ADVANCE has launched and held the “April is the Autism Awareness Month” campaign in Egypt, with the aim of creating awareness about Autism, advocating for early intervention for better prognosis for the children’s future, showing the children’s strengths as active participants in society and to allow for their inclusion within the community in general.
ADVANCE recruits from amongst 80 organizations active in the field of catering services to persons with Autism and their families from different governorates in
, to participate in the following functions: Egypt
1) An Arts’ Exhibition for the children’s arts and crafts productions hosted by the Ministry of Culture at the
Prince Taz Palace
2) A Sport’s Gala hosted by the Wadi Degla Sports Club in Zahraa Al-Maadi
3) A seminar hosted by Al-Sawi Cultural Wheel in Zamalek with the aim of creating awareness and disseminating information.
4) A two day conference entitled “Medical & Educational Innovations in the Field of Autism,” in
5) A variety of TV and radio coverings.
Posted by Laura Efinger at 2:37 PM