Saturday, March 16, 2013
Just helping out our neighbors in Jordan!
TRS Learning Center in Amman, Jordan is looking for an experienced Pediatric Occupational
Therapist with the following qualifications:
-A bachelor or masters degree from an accredited university in occupational therapy.
-A minimum of three years experience in the field of pediatric occupational therapy
-Solid experience in Sensory Integration and preferably SI certified.
-Train and supervise junior and fresh graduates in the occupational therapy department.
-Manage a caseload, prioritizing needs, and completing administrative tasks.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure team understanding of client occupational
performance strengths and needs, through evaluation, educational program planning, and
- Evaluate the client's ability and formulate the client's occupational profile through a variety
of functional, behavioral, and standardized assessments, skilled observation, checklists,
histories, and interviews.
- Synthesize evaluation results into a comprehensive written report which reflects strengths
and barriers to client participation in the program development; and guides evidence-based
- Develop occupationally based intervention plans based on client needs and evaluation
-Participate in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with
other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual education plans and
intervention plans to achieve IEP goals.
- Educate client and family to facilitate skills in areas of occupation as well as health
maintenance and safety.
- Monitor and reassess the effects of occupational therapy intervention and the need to
continue, modify, or discontinue intervention.
- Prioritize and schedules work tasks independently.
- Manage inventory of therapeutic equipment and assessments, and project needs for
- Maintain clinical and administrative records in accordance with professional standards.
- Review occupational therapy services for quality improvement and make changes as
needed to ensure quality of services.
- Ability to determine the need for an occupational therapy evaluation and to select and
administer appropriate assessment tools to evaluate the client.
- Ability to interpret the evaluation data and write a comprehensive report that reflect
strengths and barriers to client’s participation and occupational performance.
- Ability to participate collaboratively with multi-disciplinary to develop Individualized
Education Programs to meet client needs.
- Ability to develop occupationally based intervention plans based on evaluation
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
Candidates who are interested and meet the above requirements, please send your cv with a
cover letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Laura Efinger at 3:36 PM