Saturday, March 16, 2013
OT Position in Amman, Jordan
Just helping out our neighbors in Jordan!
TRS Learning Center in Amman, Jordan is looking for an experienced Pediatric Occupational
Therapist with the following qualifications:
-A bachelor or masters degree from an accredited university in occupational therapy.
-A minimum of three years experience in the field of pediatric occupational therapy
-Solid experience in Sensory Integration and preferably SI certified.
-Train and supervise junior and fresh graduates in the occupational therapy department.
-Manage a caseload, prioritizing needs, and completing administrative tasks.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure team understanding of client occupational
performance strengths and needs, through evaluation, educational program planning, and
- Evaluate the client's ability and formulate the client's occupational profile through a variety
of functional, behavioral, and standardized assessments, skilled observation, checklists,
histories, and interviews.
- Synthesize evaluation results into a comprehensive written report which reflects strengths
and barriers to client participation in the program development; and guides evidence-based
- Develop occupationally based intervention plans based on client needs and evaluation
-Participate in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with
other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual education plans and
intervention plans to achieve IEP goals.
- Educate client and family to facilitate skills in areas of occupation as well as health
maintenance and safety.
- Monitor and reassess the effects of occupational therapy intervention and the need to
continue, modify, or discontinue intervention.
- Prioritize and schedules work tasks independently.
- Manage inventory of therapeutic equipment and assessments, and project needs for
- Maintain clinical and administrative records in accordance with professional standards.
- Review occupational therapy services for quality improvement and make changes as
needed to ensure quality of services.
- Ability to determine the need for an occupational therapy evaluation and to select and
administer appropriate assessment tools to evaluate the client.
- Ability to interpret the evaluation data and write a comprehensive report that reflect
strengths and barriers to client’s participation and occupational performance.
- Ability to participate collaboratively with multi-disciplinary to develop Individualized
Education Programs to meet client needs.
- Ability to develop occupationally based intervention plans based on evaluation
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
Candidates who are interested and meet the above requirements, please send your cv with a
cover letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Laura Efinger at 3:36 PM