Well, I have had a good response from various companies regarding donating products to be used in my OT workshops and also to be raffled at the ADVANCE Society's 10th Annual Educational Conference March 25-27th.
Almost 75% of the companies I contacted were willing to donate the items I requested and at least the others responded with an email saying "due to economic situations they were not participating in donations this year." Most responded, though, which was a pleasant surprise...
I only contacted companies that I am happy to promote as I have successfully used products from them in the past for OT sessions...
So far, I have received enough items to fill 5 baskets with a value ranging from $100-$175 (550LE-965LE) per basket. However, some companies are still sending me products, so the number of baskets and the items in each basket are not final!
2. http://www.otb-games.com/: Out of the Box Publishing: Donated several games, such as Super Circles, My Word, Rock, 7Ate9, Run Wild, Word on the Street, and Backseat Drawing Junior. The card games will be used in my workshop, as well as, being available for the raffle. I have used many of the games from this company and the children love them!
3. http://www.superduperinc.com/: Super Duper Publications: Donated some great activity kits that use cards, such as the Fine Motor Fun Deck, Move Your Body Fun Deck and the Pre-Writing Fun Deck.
4. http://www.callirobics.com/: Callirobics donated a set of their handwriting to music programs; Learning Letters to Music, Basics Shapes to Music for Developing Pre-Writing Skills, and Pre-writing Skills to Music for 4-7 year olds. Each handwriting booklet comes with a CD of music. I have used these in therapy and children who enjoy music love the worksheets.
5. http://store.schoolspecialtyonline.net : Abilitations donated several writing products, such as the Pencil Fidgets, Squiggle Wiggle Writer, Space Paper and Writing Guides.
6. http://sensorytools.net/: Sensory Tools donated several copy of these 4 CD's; Say G'Day, Jump Jelly Beans, Cool Bananas and It's Circle Time. A direct link to these CD's is:http://shop.sensorytools.net/as_compact-discs I have often used these music CD's and children love the music and songs!
8. http://funandfunction.com/ : Fun and Function donated several fine motor products, such as Farm Sticks, Wikki Stix Alphabet Cards, Fine Motor Book and a Hand Card Holder. Children love using the Farm sticks to pick up small fun items!
11. http://www.paltoys.com/Home.html They donated several copies of the Bright & Beyond: Activity Idea Cards. Easy to use activity cards with vivid pictures and simple instructions!
Winners will be selected and announced March 27th at the conference.
THANKS to all companies that donated these products and thanks in advance to people who purchase the tickets!